The OSHAssociation Code of Conduct & Ethics
All members of the OSHAssociation (individuals, corporate members or corporate partners) are bound by a Code of Conduct and Ethics of the Association summarised as follows:
This Code of Conduct and Ethics specifies standard of ethical conduct for professional members of the Association globally. It places obligations on members to practice and work in an objective manner and follow recognised Health and Safety principles.
Nothing in the Code will require professional members of the Association to contravene obligations under any relevant occupational health and safety legislation or other relevant legislation, regulations and codes.
Professional members will act in accordance with the following requirements:
General Responsibility of Members
- "Act and work responsibly and competently at all times to improve health and safety in workplaces and ensure unsafe acts are avoided.
- Give priority to the health, safety and welfare of employees, employers and other workplace health and safety stakeholders in accordance with accepted standards of moral and legal behaviours.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees, employers and other workplace health and safety stakeholders takes precedence over the professional members' responsibility to sectional or private interests.
- Ensure members do not engage in any illegal or improper practices.
- Member should improve on general skills and knowledge on global OSH best practices
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that your qualifications, capabilities or views are not misrepresented by others
- Correct any misrepresentations and adopt the highest best standards in all your professional relationships with fellow colleagues and other organisations.
- Be abrest with the programmes of the Association, fully participating at local and international conferences, seminars, workshops, and related training events (see further information on a href"http://www.oshaevents.com"OSHAssociation Events).